The Faculty of Law of Ivan Franko Lviv National University is a faculty with long-standing academic traditions, a highly professional teaching staff, which trains highly qualified lawyers.
According to the results of the ranking of law schools, which was carried out with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Faculty of Law of Lviv University ranks third among all law schools of Ukraine.
Features of studying at the Faculty of Law are:
– competence-oriented training, which ensures the formation of students of education not only the necessary knowledge, but also the skills and abilities of their effective application;
– in-depth practical training of applicants, which is provided by their internships in courts, prosecutor’s offices, law enforcement agencies, notaries, lawyers, other state and local self-government bodies, enterprises, institutions, organizations, systematic involvement of practicing lawyers in teaching and significant the number of employees of the faculty of practical legal activity;
– formation of students’ knowledge and understanding of the importance of observing ethical standards in professional activities, development of a culture of academic integrity;
– educational components are aimed at the formation of soft skills in students, in particular, initiative, creativity, critical thinking, effective communication, stress resistance, multitasking, public speaking skills;
– student-oriented training, which consists in providing students with opportunities to form an individual educational trajectory, systematic study and consideration of the opinion of those seeking education in the course of monitoring and improving educational programs and educational activities;
– internationalization of educational activities by popularizing academic mobility, involving education seekers in scientific, scientific and practical and information events with the participation of foreign scientists and practicing lawyers, functioning of schools of foreign law (Schools of German Law, Schools of Polish and European Law, Schools of American Law) ;
– close cooperation with employers, within the framework of concluded agreements, including the Supreme Court, the State Judicial Administration of Ukraine, the Office of the Prosecutor General, the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, the State Bureau of Investigation, the Council of Advocates of the Lviv Region, etc.